Below is from the Texas Transportation Code’s section on Abandoned Vehicles (Texas Transportation Code – TRANSP § 683.002. Abandoned Motor Vehicle):
(a) For the purposes of this chapter, a motor vehicle is abandoned if the motor vehicle:
(1) is inoperable, is more than five years old, and has been left unattended on public property for more than 48 hours;
(2) has remained illegally on public property for more than 48 hours;
(3) has remained on private property without the consent of the owner or person in charge of the property for more than 48 hours;
(4) has been left unattended on the right-of-way of a designated county, state, or federal highway for more than 48 hours;
(5) has been left unattended for more than 24 hours on the right-of-way of a turnpike project constructed and maintained by the Texas Turnpike Authority division of the Texas Department of Transportation or a controlled access highway; or
(6) is considered an abandoned motor vehicle under Section 644.153(r) .
(b) In this section, “controlled access highway” has the meaning assigned by Section 541.302 .
Thanks to friends of this website: